October 24, 2010

Home Sweet Home

I went away for the weekend.

There was something important I wanted to do.

Something I needed to do.

I am not sure how much I got accomplished.

But I had to try.

I came home this evening with my children and walked into a very messy house.

A dishwasher full of dishes that needed to be put away.

Laundry that needed to be folded.

Beds unmade.

Toys scattered throughout every room.

But there was something so comforting about walking into my house ....

Like an embrace.

HOME.

So much more than a roof over my head and a floor beneath my feet.

A foundation.

I put my children to bed and was thankful that we all were under the same roof ...

that everyone was healthy and would be back on schedule tomorrow ...

that both of my kiddos had schools to go to where they will both be happy, even though one of them will be working on skills that most of us take for granted.

It is good to be home.

No comments:

Post a Comment