September 25, 2010

I ran a pretty darn good race last Saturday, all things considered.

And, man, were there a lot of things to consider...

I ran, I coughed, I wheezed, I sweated profusely, and I finished .... and I didn't even come in close to last.

And what do you know?

I can run a good race just three weeks after discovering the unthinkable ...

And ....

I still have two parents who would climb mountains for me.

I still have a best friend who repeatedly reminds me that I am worthy of love and respect.

And she listens, with all the concern and compassion of a saint.

I still have other friends, too, who remind me how much they worry and care for me. And none of them -- not a single one -- would ever judge or make light of the terrible situation in which I find myself.

I still have two children who love me very much.

And I even have a dog, stubborn and ugly but loving and sweet, who is currently covered in pink and purple hair glitter, courtesy of my daughter.

Life goes on.

No comments:

Post a Comment