August 3, 2010

She Takes the Words From My Brain, If Only My Brain Spoke as Wonderfully as She

My dear boy lost his first tooth when he was just a little bit past his fifth birthday. He has since lost three more.

There was no "Tooth Fairy" anticipation because he simply does not live in a Tooth Fairy world.

It is just one of those things that I try not to dwell on because to dwell on it is to drive yourself mad.

I don't even know what happened to that first lost tooth.
He lost it during school.
I knew it was loose, and I had been watching it for days.
I picked him up from school, and there was the hole in his mouth.

It only made him cuter.

But, wow, what a bittersweet moment.

Sigh .....

My pal, J, writes about it so eloquently, as she always does.

I couldn't have said it better myself. Seriously, I couldn't even come close.


http://rhemashope.wordpress.com/2010/07/28/of-lost-teeth-and-last-firsts/

No comments:

Post a Comment