November 16, 2010

I would do just about anything to "fix" my son.
Even though I love him just the way he is.

He is becoming more and more frustrated at his inability to effectively communicate, as his behavior clearly indicates.

It is frustrating for me, too.

But there are things that are even more frustrating in my life.

Yep, I could tell you about things that are even more frustrating than a seven-year-old, non-verbal son who requires constant attention, who likes to push my buttons and who runs from me in public parks.

I have a list, actually, and it is fairly impressive--if by "impressive" you mean difficult enough to put me in an asylum.

There are no answers to my problems these days.

No way to know what is going to happen.

We can all say that, I suppose.

I THINK I have accepted that I am only ONE person, that there is only so much I can do.

I tell myself that I have, in fact, accepted that I can't "fix" anyone. I haven't even done such a good job of "fixing" myself, although I am trying.

I am running.
I am dancing.
I am writing.

But have I fully accepted that there is only so much I can do?

No, I haven't.

Not yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment