November 18, 2010

Oh, mirror in the sky,
What is love?
Can the child within my heart rise above?
Can I sail thru the changing ocean tides?
Can I handle the seasons of my life?

Well, I've been afraid of changing
'Cause I've built my life around you
But time makes you bolder
Children get older
And I'm getting older, too
-- Stevie Nicks, Landslide


Sometimes you don't have any choice but to change.
Because the world as you know it disappears ....
What you envisioned as your life is no more.

And, yet, your responsibilities remain the same.
Indeed, they expand.

You wonder if you can do it.
But you have no choice...

And you change.

In ways big and small.

Sometimes you cry.
You mourn the loss of everything you believed to be real.
And the sobs pour through you.

In ways big and small.

Eventually, you start to recognize things that will keep your from disappearing.
You accept them.
You embrace them.

But you still worry, and you still mourn.

In ways big and small.

No comments:

Post a Comment